You can use 1st, 2nd, 3rd (“revised”), and 4th (“V20”) editions of Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Mage: The Ascension.
You can use 1st, 2nd (Dark Ages: Vampire/Werewolf/Mage), and 3rd (“V20”) editions of Vampire: The Dark Ages, Werewolf: The Dark Ages, and Mage: The Dark Ages.
You can use Vampire: The Victorian Age (Victorian Age: Vampire), and its associated supplements.
You can use Werewolf: The Wyld West, and its associated supplements.
You can use Mage: The Sorcerers Crusade, and its associated supplements.
You can use Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom as part of the Vampire: The Masquerade line of products.
You can use Kindred of the East and its associated supplements.
Minds Eye Theatre
You can use 1st (“The Masquerade”, “Apocalypse”), 2nd (“Laws of the Night”, “Laws of the Wyld”), 3rd (“Laws of the Night Revised”, “Laws of the Wyld Revised, Laws of Ascension”), and 4th(“MET: VTM”, MET:WTA”) editions of Mind’s Eye Theatre for Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse and any of their World of Darkness Vampire related sub-brands that are already available for the Storyteller System.
You can only publish game content based on the Storytellers System and Minds Eye Theatre systems as published for the aforementioned editions of Vampire: The Masquerade, Vampire: The Dark Ages, Vampire: The Victorian Age (Victorian Age: Vampire), Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom, Kindred of the East, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Werewolf: The Wyld West and Werewolf: The Dark Ages (Dark Ages: Werewolf), Mage: The Ascension, Mage: The Sorcerers Crusade, Mage: The Dark Ages (Dark Ages: Mage).
You can use 1st, 2nd, 3rd editions of the Exalted RPG. You may use any subsequent rules or combinations of rules thereof.
At this time, you cannot publish the following material:
- New core rulebooks. For World of Darkness “core rule book” is defined as the main game line rules book. For Exalted “core rule book” is defined as the main game book for first and second edition and any yet to be published main hardback supplement book that has not yet been released under license. However, once that book has been released it is no longer considered a core rule book in regards to this rule.
- Unlocked historical settings or time periods outside what is considered the norm for an era. (The Great War, etc)
- Fictional locations and made up cities in the modern real world are not allowed. (e.g. Gotham City, Sunnydale, Santa Carla, Derry Maine, etc.) Content creators should do their best to set their products in places that are (or were) real. Products involving otherworldly realms or other mystical places have a leeway to describe those in the same manner found in previous White Wolf publications. Historical settings should make an attempt to utilize real locations to the best of their ability with the understanding that discrepancies will take place.
- Supernatural types from the World of Darkness other than vampires, werewolves, mages, and mortals closely associated with those groups such as ghouls, kinfolk, hedge wizards, etc. might be referenced but not featured.
- Crossovers with other White Wolf properties
- Copyrighted material that is not White Wolf’s, which also means no crossovers with properties that are not White Wolf’s. For example: no Highlander: The Quickening, Crow: The Risen, etc.
- All the material should be kept reasonably within theme (including not big historic changes). For example: no post-apocalyptic Vampire, no steampunk Mage, cyberpunk Werewolf etc.
- Products based on the Chronicles of Darkness system
- Products based on the Storytelling System used for Chronicles of Darkness
- Products based on the Chronicles of Darkness (Vampire: The Requiem, Werewolf: The Forsaken, Mage: The Awakening, etc.)
Settings and timelines
- You can create content for the Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, and Mage: The Ascension modern settings, Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom, Kindred of the East (including Hengeyokai), Vampire: The Dark Ages, Werewolf: The Dark Ages, Mage: The Dark Ages, Vampire: The Victorian Age, Werewolf: The Wyld West and Mage: The Sorcerers Crusade historical settings. At this time, you cannot create content for other previously published historical settings, or any other White Wolf product not listed above.
- Modern Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse and Mage: The Ascension are considered any time period post Victorian Age to present day. Also, any time period not explicitly covered with their own fully defined historical setting (Dark Ages, Victorian Age, Wyld West; etc) is considered part of the core Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocalypse or Mage: The Ascension game lines by default. When historical settings/time periods overlap each other such as the Dark Ages/Renaissance you may use whichever setting is most applicable to your needs.
- The Dark Ages is considered any time from the 5th to the 15th century AD.
- The Renaissance/Sorcerers Crusade is considered any time from the 14th to 17th century AD.
- The Victorian Age/Wyld West is considered any time from 1830 to 1901.
- Exalted content should reflect the timelines and setting as published in the various editions.
At this time, Storyteller System RPG supplements, MET systems larp supplements, original rules systems RPG’s & larps, fiction, graphic novels, comic books, and artwork (illustration and photography).
No artwork may be used from any White Wolf publications, except those specifically made available here on StorytellersVault.com. You may use artwork from the Storytellers Vault’s art selection and public domain artwork. You must have permission to use any artwork. Please read the FAQ further for more information on the use of art and logos in your content.
Content creators are required to have secured any image release rights from any models that may appear in any illustrations or photography.
Logos and Trade Dress
The Storytellers Vault logo must appear on the cover of your work. It needs to be legible when viewed at full size. It should not be the primary logo or title on your cover. You may not use any other logos from White Wolf publications on RPG supplements or fiction products, but are encouraged to use the appropriate trade dress whenever possible. The Storytellers Vault logo must denote which of the White Wolf game lines the product is for. World of Darkness products have a Storytellers Vault logo with an Ouroboros and Exalted products have a Storytellers Vault logo with a gold star
You are highly encouraged, but not required to use the templates provided by White Wolf when creating your work.
You can find the templates here.
The following text must be placed within the Work, wherever the Work otherwise lists legal and copyright information:
World of Darkness, Vampire: The Masquerade, Vampire: The Dark Ages, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Mage: The Ascension, Wraith: The Oblivion, Changeling: The Dreaming, Hunter: The Reckoning, Demon: The Fallen, Mummy: The Resurrection, Orpheus, Exalted, Chronicles of Darkness, White Wolf, and their respective logos, icons and symbols are trademarks or registered trademarks of White Wolf Entertainment.
This work contains material that is copyright of White Wolf Entertainment. Such material is used with permission under the Community Content Agreement for Storytellers Vault.
©2018 White Wolf Entertainment AB, Västgötagatan 5, SE-118 27 Stockholm, Sweden.
Illegal and Infringing content is not allowed. It is the content creator’s responsibility to ensure that their content does not violate laws, or copyright, trademark, privacy, or other rights.
Content creators who wish to publish extreme material of a decidedly adult nature are required to use the Black Dog label so as to clearly identify this type of content. Content of this nature includes excessive graphic violence, nudity and graphic sexual situations, etc. White Wolf reserves the right to inform content creators that their published material needs to be rebranded under the Black Dog label if necessary. White Wolf reserves the right to ask content creators to remove this imprint label if its usage is not deemed necessary.
Create, don’t copy. White Wolf reserves the right to stop publishing and selling your work if it is deemed to go against the spirit of the Storytellers Vault program. All authors should respectfully use the content originally created by White Wolf or other Storytellers Vault creators. For example, if a Storytellers Vault author releases a series of city By Night supplements all set in the same geographic area, and another author takes those supplements, compiles them, and republishes them as a single collection, without substantive original additions or changes, then we would stop publishing and selling that collected work because it adds no value to the Storytellers Vault community content. This type of behaviour will be dealt with harshly, and risks the infringer being permanently expelled from the Storytellers Vault program.