For now, we ask that you publish RPG supplements, fiction, illustrations, comics, graphic novels, and photography only, please.
What kinds of artwork and maps can I use in my Storytellers Vault titles?
The artwork (such as illustrations or maps) that you include in your title does not become part of the Storytellers Vault content that other Storytellers Vault contributors can then use. Here is general advice for these types of artwork:
- Art and maps provided by White Wolf. The art you find in the Resources for Storytellers Vault category is owned by White Wolf and can be freely used in your Storytellers Vault titles. No other artwork from White Wolf titles can be used — only the art specifically released in Art Packs for Storytellers Vault Creators. Art released by White Wolf is brand specific and can only be used in association with its specific overarching brand of products. For example; Exalted art packs can only be used for Exalted and World of Darkness art packs can only be used for World of Darkness. However, any art assets can be used across game lines as long as it is within the same larger brand (e.g. Mage can be used for vampire, Werewolf for Changeling etc).
- Public Domain Art. Art that you are certain is in the public domain can be used.
- Stock Art. Usage of stock art depends on the license associated with that stock art. Most of the stock art sold under the Publisher Resources category on DriveThruRPG includes a license that would allow it to be used in your Storytellers Vault titles.
- Commissioned Art. Usage of art that you commission from an artist depends upon your terms with the artist. You must have the rights or license to use the art in your title. The artwork does not become owned by OneBookShelf or by White Wolf; you simply must have rights to use it in your commercial work.
- Creative Commons. This depends on the type of Creative Commons license. Some allow commercial use, others do not.